My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Wednesday 24 June 2009

SHUT UP DIRTY CRIMS!

Hello one and all

I write this to you, not with the desire to give you any real 'message' or 'enjoyment', but mostly because I'll not be able to sleep with the noise. But what noise I hear you gasp? Well, I live opposite the football stadium. Sweet! But beside the stadium is a jail. Edgey! And for the last three nights the dirty crims have been making alot of noise when those of us who live in the land of milk, honey, steak and women should really be asleep. There's alot of whistling, banging of shutters and rattling of tin cups on bars. It's very much like Porridge, except with no humour, porridge or Scottish warden. So, there you go. But while I'm here, I'll give you a brief down-low on happenings Italian style.

Last time I said I was going to Rome. This was a great success, with much beer drunk and beer drinkers drunken. I did my tourist thing of walking quickly to an ancient building, taking one photo of it and moving on. There are many in Rome, so it made the hangover less than pleasant. I know that drinking isn't big and clever, but it is fun - when I arrived, Stevie and I walked to the pub and then spent 10 hours catching up and drinking beer. Was fun with capital F-U-N's. I expect that my photographs are very similar to anyone else's who've been to Rome, so I'll not bore you with them. However, I did see an amusing street name, so had to have a snap taken with it. It's here, and was the only sight deemed important enough to include me in the shot as well:

Tomorrow I bust out of this joint and head back for a Scottish summer. I don't really want to go home, but I have to and of course it'll be nice to see friends and family. However, the weather had better be good, as I've been accustomed to a level of heat that has only just become bearable, and I don't fancy the change. I'm also a bit nervous about flying as I never really enjoy it. Hopefully my plane is A-OK, but I always wonder when I book flights if it'll be my last one? Cheery stuff, I know.

On that optimistic note,


Ciao for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home