My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Thursday 11 June 2009

Domani vado a roma

Hello you lot

As the Italian literate of you will be able to deduce from the title, tomorrow I go to Rome. Therefore, I felt that I should update you all on my life, even if I don't have a great deal to say. But then again, this is a blog, so that's probably keeping to a trend.

After saying last time around that I had very little work, this week I was hit with an avalanche of 29 hours in 4 days. This has included two 9 hour days, which frankly I'm not built for. It's been very tiring, especially as I've had one group for 20 hours, and the majority of them were absolute beginners. I can empathise with them, because as dashingly handsome and funny as I am (modest to boot!), this much intensive language learning is pretty heavy. Still, I got a bit sick of them sighing and complaining that they didn't understand anything, even after the 4th explanation, translation into Italian and tediously numerous examples. That said, it's nice to work, as it means I'll have more money to squander away when I'm back home.

And squandering away I plan to do. I reckon I'll go wild and buy myself a Nintendo DS to wile away the hours until I'm back in the comforting heat of Italy. The thought of going back to Scotland and having to wear a jacket (!!!!) is not appealing. Still, it'll be nice to see everyone.

I realised just t'other day that I've been here for one year now. Admittedly, this includes a combined gap of two months, so really only ten months, but still, you get nowhere by rounding down. In this spirit I've earned millions of Euros while charming handfuls of Italian women. Life has been good.

I feel like I should say 'ciao e grazie mille' to the loyal return-readers of this un-edited mess over here. So, Angela, Patrick and Stefania, cheers, your continuing adulation keeps me all warm and fuzzy inside. There may be more, and given the breathtaking insights I offer up here week in month out, I wouldn't blame them. If you're out there and reading this, also 'grazie mille'.

So yes, going down to Rome tomorrow to drop in on my old partner in wine, gin and beer, Stevie. It'll be properly good to see the old rogue again, and also I've heard somewhere that Rome's nice. Bonus.

I'll be sure to be a proper tourist (without having my camera stolen and stabbed by an Ultra), and take lots of photographs to wow you with next time.

Until then

Ciao, e buona notte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home