My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Wednesday 25 March 2009

A little bit more

Ciao i miei amici

Today's only going to be a short post, I promise, but I'm facilitating your skiving, so I hope it's ok.

On Sunday I went to the football armed with my Genoa songs. If I had been genuinely armed I don't think that would've been a problem, as the 'security' is pretty lax. The only time I've been searched was when I went to see Sampdoria with Simone, and they searched my bag for weapons. All I had was textbooks, so I was free to pass. Without wanting to be discriminatory or cruel, alot of the security people seem to have special needs, which makes me wonder about their suitability. I'm sure they're just as likely to do as bad a job as a regular Italian, but still.

The inadequate Udinese were sent back north (or maybe south or west, I don't really know. The important thing is they were sent packing) with their tails between their legs and with a 2-0 defeat. Forza Genoa!!!! In an unusual twist to the story of the season so far, the referee seemed to be for Genoa, which was nice. I've had several Sampdoriani complain to me that Udinese were robbed, but it generally seems to be the other way around, so I think we should be allowed to have one dubious victory. The game wasn't particularly good, but as any manager will tell you, it's the result that counts, even if it'd be nice to have a performance to match. No matter, 2-0, job done, Champions League here we come. Maybe. It was pretty cool at the stadium - the usual flags were a flying, but also with lots of confetti, glitter and receipt rolls being thrown. These seem to work in the same way that toilet roll does in Britain. Alot of shops would have been struggling to give out receipts on Monday, as there was a lot of this. Coincidentally, you have to be given a receipt for absolutely everything, and if you don't take it, you can be arrested and charged with aiding tax evasion or somesuch nonsense. Crazy.
Rather excitingly, in the second half someone a couple of metres in front of me lit a flare. I've only seen them from a distance, so to be close to one was quite exciting. That said, I am aware that they're dangerous things, so made sure there were a few children between me and the actual burning flameyness.

I then went home and watched Liverpool thrash Aston Villa 5-0. Brilliant.

Now for links to stuff:

If you, like me, enjoy music, there's a pretty good internet radio station called Deezer (http://www.deezer.com/) which seems to have every song ever and you can pick what it plays. This is quite cool, although the radio stations are a bit odd in their categorisation of music - I'm listening to Classic Rock just now, and alot of the songs are not what I'd describe as 'Classic', and some are decidedely not rock.

Also, if you want to see an absolutely belting free kick, I suggest you look at Ibrahimovic's goal second goal against Fiorentina from a couple of weeks ago. A better strike you will not find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ggEbhOoJs

I saw a video on Facebook from a guy from Portobello who filmed a rap song on the prom. It's quite good, and nice to see the old stomping ground. If you're interested:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=57141178198&h=Er89r&u=z-Ps6&ref=mf

And finally, because my mum had to make do with only a phonecall on Mothers Day, and also because she loves a bit of shameless promoting, here's a link to one of her vidoes:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=20720831

I think that's enough for today.

Ciao per ora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home