My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Monday 16 June 2008

Punchlines on a postcard please.....

Two Scots, a Romanian and a Chilean go to a bar. I forget how it ends though, as I got fairly drunk. I know I ate two kebabs (not the death inducing variety that they are back home; actually quite good) and drank alot of beer/gin. I'm sure there's a joke brewing in there though.

So, that was Friday. There were lots of: "Ay's", "oh's" and "eeh's" as the expression-loving Italians drew with Romania. It was pretty good, but then it rained. Alot. I half expected to see Noah sailing round the corner, such was the extent of the downpour. Bad weather for humans, but the rat population of Genova must have loved it.

I saw my first proper road accident here earlier on. A lady got knocked off her scooter by a car, which wasn't particularly enjoyable to see (or feel, I'd imagine). She stood up after and just looked a bit limpy and shaken up, but they really are pretty gung-ho on the roads here, so it probably happens quite alot.

It's been quite a wet weekend in general, which has highlighted a flaw in my shoes. True, my boots may be uber-cool and make me like a Beatle/cowboy, but unfortunately they also don't have any grips at all. This is a problem here, as alot of the pavements are marble or very flat stone. As a result I've been slipping about like Dumbo on ice. It's very hard for me to look even mildly cool at the best of times, so as you can imagine, my cool-factor is about as high as Gordon Brown's (a free political joke for you there).

Yesterday was by far the coldest day here, measuring in at a chilly 18 degrees. I almost had to change out of my shorts and t-shirt! I sucked it up like a man though and persevered.

I hope you're all well and don't hate me too much for the last paragraph. Continuing apologies for the lack of photos - I've not really done anything too touristy, and working kind of sucks the fun out of weekday evening activities. I'll try and get some this weekend.

Stay safe

Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home