My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Sunday 8 June 2008

Sono una scimmia!

Ciao everybody!

Type in the title into a translation website (www.babelfish.com) and you'll learn the depth that I've learned Italian so far. Still, beyond the odd, rarely-used phrase, my Italian is still basic. I can count to ten like there's no tomorrow though.

It's been drawn to my attention that I made a couple of spelling mistakes in my last post, which as a teacher of English is a bit of a faux pas (don't know what the Italian is for that). I shall try to ensure all future posts have been proof read and have correct spelling.

My timetable for next week is looking alot busier, so I shouldn't be as bored, which is nice. I'm starting to get used to wandering about Genova, although it's still very hot. The last couple of days have had the sun out as well, so I'm staring to look like the bronzed adonis that I always suspected I might be, somewhere deep down.

Went out the other night to a bar with Stevie and he'd previously said that the spirit measures thay have here are fairly liberal. He wasn't wrong. My gin & tonic was almost all gin, and rather scrumptious. Cheap-ish too. I could get used to that, as the beer's not great, and expensive. They have Tennent's Super as draught too, which they seem to think is a good thing. They don't really have that many visible drunks here, but I can't imagine what they drink!

Still no photo-uploading capability I'm afraid, so you'll just have to take my word that Genova's a nice place, with lots of good looking women.

I have a new mobile number, but forgot to write it down. I'll let you know in the next blog.

Until next time, take care and enjoy whatever it is you do!

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home