My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Monday 1 November 2010

'Bonus'?

Hey Ya

I know what you're thinking, "2 blogs in a week?!". And it's true, this week is a special week mirroring my shower routine, for no reason other than today's a holiday and I don't think I can find any new football based information to read on t'internet.

This particular slew of drivel will be a bit shorter than normal probably, you'll be relieved to hear. It will also include the apparently obligatory shoe-horned reference to Halloween somewhere. Think of it as a 'fun' challenge for you if you will, as I'm not going to spell it's location out for you.

First up on today's agenda, and the positioning reflects it's importance, as fans of facial topiary, lament. Yes, my bonzai-sized 'beard' (I feel quite uncomfortable calling it this. Brian Blessed has a beard, but at the same time, I don't think it paints the right picture if I call it a growth. Alternative suggestions would be welcome) has gone. It's been very windy recently, and in a sudden gale it blew away. Much sadness, and without it I look 12 again, instead of the manly 16 year old I was imitating. I now seem to suffer from phantom limb syndrome, because when a student says something so blindingly incorrect or generally wonkily thought out, I go to stroke my 'beard/growth' only to be left grasping thin air. I also draw the logical parallel between myself and Samson and blame my puny arms on the lack of facial hair.

On Friday I went to the stadium to watch a bit of football (more of which later). After though, I went to see my friend Giampy's band, 'Come Quando Non Puoi Ridere'. I've seen them now about 4 or 5 times I think, and every time is very good. They always put on a really good show. Giampy also said that he likes reading this, so hello Giampy! However, as a result of what I imagine to be derived only from high spirits, he is quite energetic and his balance and spacial awareness are not often great, so I always feel worried that he's going to fall over and hurt himself. He's a rugby player though, so he should at least be used to a couple of bashes.

Genoa played Inter on Friday night, which frankly is no time to be playing football, as a combination of this and me mistakenly leaving my ticket at home really cut into the pre-match drinking time. Inter are a big, physically strong team with some great players, but on Friday they were crap. They only scored through a rick by Eduardo, our keeper, which had it been on TV in Britain would have been accompanied by a voiceover describing it as horrifying. It really was though. We kept on at them, but unfortunately we couldn't find an equaliser. Still, they'll probably win the league, and it's an improvement on last year's game against them (5-0, and terrible drunkenness), so reason to be phlegmatic.

Can't think of much else to tell you, so ciao for now

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home