My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Wednesday 15 October 2008

Exciting times

Hello one and all,

I've had quite an interesting time over the past few days (although I'll let you judge for yourself).

Friday was pay-day, and the omens were not promising for the rest of the day when I got trapped in the airlock-style door that the banks here have. Basicially, you have to go in one at a time, and then wait while the first door closes and the second opens. Much to my chagrin (but everyone in the banks amusement), the first door closed.......and the second door remained locked. So, I was stuck in the doorway, gesturing for them to let me in. Oh, how they laughed, and I died a little inside. In hindsight, I shouldn't have eaten a large plate of beans and omelette before I went there.......

Thankfully, I did escape my smelly tomb, and got my money. "How best to spend this", I thought? The solution was not long in forming; I went to the pub. From there on in, the night descends into the mists of my damaged brain, but I can say with some certainty that Stevie fell asleep in La Lepre and as this is not in keeping with the Italian way of doing things, the staff called an ambulance. I (think) I tried to explain that this was not the first time, and that he'd be fine, but off to the ambulance we trotted. We spent the night in hospital; Stevie continuing his unconscience routine, which left me trying to explain what had happened. This would not be easy if I was sober, but alas, I was not, so my Italian was tested to its full. I'm not sure how they understood, but they seemed to, and he slept it off on a comfy looking trolley. I, on the otherhand, was consigned to the little chairs in the waiting room, which I believe were invented for torturous purposes. They should be up there with water-boarding as crimes against humanity and dignity. In the morning we left and Stevie went to buy some brains and tongue. I was all out of bravery, so turned down his kind offer to share them.

In other news, I'm generally quite happy, although as always slip into the dark abyss of misery with all to disconcerting regularity. I'm keeping my chin up, by and large, though.

I know there was something else I meant to say, but can't think what it is, so goodbye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home