My Photo
Name:
Location: Genova, Italy

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm 30, and as you may have guessed from my blog's title, I'm working in Italy. Genova to be precise. I've been here since June 2008 and don't know when I'm going back to Scotland, if ever. I went to America a couple of years ago and wrote a lot of waffle. If you're bored, why not look at www.michaels-american-adventure.blogspot.com

Monday 15 September 2008

It's like I'm still in Scotland

Hello everybody, and welcome to the rock'n'roll thrill-ride that is my blog.

Talking of rock'n'roll, I watched the 'vicious' assault on Noel Gallagher in Toronto the other day. It's well worth a look, and for those parties compelled to do so, here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwKWgRHnyy8

Don't say I never give you anything! Now, I'm no great fan of What's the Story (Morning Glory), but the reaction seems a tad extreme. Liam's hard man dig at the drunkard is good though.

In Italy-news, there's not a huge amount to report. Since Saturday lunchtime I've basked in the glory of Liverpool defeating the evil and hated ManU, which really started the weekend well. It's typical though - they beat them for the first time in years, and I can't watch the highlights. Rubbish!

Saturday was 'Notte Bianca' (White Night). The bars open all night, as do the shops, and MTV came to sate the masses with Duffy, Estelle, One Republic and Caparezza. Obviously the first three are shoe-in's for my ideal-concert-in-the-world-ever, but I really wanted to see Caparezza. In a twist of Scottish irony, it started raining as soon as everyone was there, and the storm was Hurricane Ike-like in scale (I imagine) when Caparezza was due on, so he stayed on a yacht and was interviewed. It's the wettest I've been in a long time, so this was a bit of a damp squib (pun intended, as always). All things in perspective, it wasn't a bad night though.

If you've always wanted to see a photo of Duffy and another of how wet it was, gaze below and your ambitions will be met. Now go and get better ambitions. She's a lot smaller than I thought she'd be.
















I think that's all for now folks, but no doubt as I go home I'll remember the earth shatteringly witty remark I'd planned to end this on. It would have been good, believe me, but in it's place........

cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home